Privacy, Cookie and Order Policy
Pick-up at Authorized BMC Retailer or Retailer of your Choice
- Click and collect services are only available in the contiguous 48 states of USA.
- Product will be shipped to the BMC retailer of your choice. If there is not a BMC retailer in your region, we can arrange to ship in to a specified bike retailer of your choice. If we are delivering to a non-BMC retailer, please allow an additional 2-3 business days for delivery. This allows us to ensure that your chosen retailer will accept the delivery and is equipped to provide you with premium service and is excited to get you set up and enjoying your new bike.
- Once you have placed your order and selected your delivery point, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. Upon shipment from the BMC logistics facility, you will also receive an order update email, containing your shipment tracking information.
- Within 24 hours of product arriving at your specified retailer, you will be notified and advised of the best time to pick up your bike.
- Customer agrees to pick-up product within 7 calendar days following receipt of delivery e-mail notification. If customer is unable to pick up within 7 days, customer will contact the specified retailer in your delivery confirmation and make special arrangements.
- At the time of pick-up, customer agrees to present specified retailer with a copy of the order confirmation, a government issued ID (valid driver’s license or passport) along with the credit card that was used to process the transaction. Credit card must be physically present at the time of pick-up.
- If a customer fails to pick up product after 14 calendar days of BMCs initial delivery the order will be cancelled, and product will be returned to BMC. A refund will be issued, less all applicable shipping and handling fees, as well as a 15% restocking fee. Credits will only be issued to the original credit card used in the transaction.
- Within 14 days of delivery (to bike shop) as noted on the delivery receipt email.
- Product must be new, complete, and in the original packaging. Returns must be packed in same manner as delivery.
- Returns will be processed in tandem with the specified bike retailer selected for delivery. However, BMC is not responsible for any fees that may be assessed by retailer to facilitate the return. BMC will issue a call tag to pick up the bike from specified delivery shop.
- A full refund will be issued (excluding any shipping and handling charges) for products once they are received and verified to be in new, unused condition, within the original packaging. Credits will only be issued to the original credit card used in the transaction.
- Used product may be considered for return on a case by case basis and you will be issued a credit on your customer account with BMC USA Corp. To be used for the purchase of another product. We will not accept the return of products damaged due to misuse or abuse. A 15% restocking fee will be assessed.
- Returns must be processed through our customer service department. Once the return process has been initiated, you will be issued a return authorization number (RA#) via email.
- Phone 1 (888) 262-7755
- Please allow 3-5 days to process a return after it arrives in our distribution center. You will receive an email notifying you that the return has been received.
- Exchanges. There are no exchanges, per se, if you would like to choose another bike please complete the return process and initiate a new order, this will secure the inventory and get things moving, however please note that these are considered two  different transactions.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|